7/26/2010

Heather Matthew (56)





Heather Matthew (Australia)
Space Shuttle Mission: STS - 133
http://bboxproductions.blogspot.com

The first page in my primary school atlas always contained pictures of the galaxy, with the names of all the planets and their orbiting rings. The sun was in the top right hand corner, the most important golden jewel in the galaxy, radiating light and inspiration.
It’s no wonder that at the age of nine I wanted to be an astronaut, and watched the first mission to the moon with all my school friends on our little black and white television at home – the school had a day off to celebrate!
In my collages I always try to include some postage stamps, these called Terrain and Flight Crew celebrate our ongoing fascination with all things galactic.

1 comment:

Fluxface in Space said...

Very cool, Heather. Thank you!